Green green paddy field

Green green paddy field

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Kiasuism...

So sorry to post this on a Monday, compounding your MOnday blues...
But here goes anyhow....


Yes, tat 5th of June 2008 and its eve.

And since my car was running low on fuel too on the 4th, I had no choice but to pump petrol. I had received numerous sms tat day on the fuel increase and by 6, I could see from my office room window that cars were already starting to queue at the Shell station right opposite of my office complex.


And by 6.15, I had left the office and joined in the queue.




Beemer is gonna save on petrol too..




6.27





6.40, still queuing....



6.47, the Ugly Malaysians had reared their ugly heads once again. Cutting queues...a skill honed to perfection...



And..arr...finally at 6.57 I reached the station. This Jazz only pumped RM40 worth of petrol. I wonder if its worth it queuing for an hour to save a few ringgit.

I used to pump about 50 a week. Now its up to about 65 a week. With the 625 subsidy, I can (and hope fervently) that it'll cover the increase lar.

Hate to post this sad post...so i'll stop now...blek....


2 comments:

Little Miss Curious said...

Hiya, Just dropped by through Unfinished Business Part 2. I recognise the fuel station :) It's in Jalan Ipoh! Yes?

Good to see photos of home :)

Denise said...

yes anita, its in jalan ipoh! sharp-eyed you. i can see the shell station from my room window right at this moment. Then you must know of uma rani (or ravi) and the yong tau foo too?...